Q h 7thECE2006
A logical address space of 12 pages of 1024 bytes each mapped to a physical memory of 64 frames. What would be the minimum number of bits in logical address?
Q i 7thECE2006
What would be the minimum number of bits in physical address?
Q 2 7thECE2006
A demand paged virtual system has the following parameters
- Time to serve page faults:
- When a new frame is allocated: 12 mili seconds
- When a modified page is replaced: 20 mili seconds
- Memory access time: 200 nano seconds
- While serving a page fault:
- Probability of allocating a new frame: 30%
- Probability of allocating a modified frame: 70%
Find the maximum page fault rate such that degradation in memory access time is not more than 20%.